Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.
By using, participating, or registering within any of the Mibio | Medical created website links or other materials of any form (the "Site"), you agree to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") and agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. In these Terms and Conditions, the words "you" and "your" refer to each customer, participant, or site visitor, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Mibio | Medical, and "Services" refers to all services provided by us.
It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions periodically. If at any time you find these Terms and Conditions unacceptable or if you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this Site or any originating documents. We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you and may post through an updated version via Web page if desired, but not required. If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact email@example.com.
Eligibility. One of the main tenants of the Entity is community collaboration with a mission to promote INDUSTRY, MEDICAL, and STEM or STEM+M practices for real world projects.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, DOCUMENTS, AND/ OR THE SERVICES YOU ARE EITHER:
a) AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE AND WITHIN A STATE ACCREDITED ACADEMIC SETTING. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 13, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE OR MATERIALS AT ANYTIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
b) OR for industry and those outside academia, the Site is not available for use by minors (those under 18 years of age, or otherwise under applicable law), or individuals or organizations who cannot form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you do not qualify, please do not use the Site. If you reside in a country that is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with the United States or its citizens, you may not use this Site.
2. Ownership. This Site is owned and operated by Mibio | Medical. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by Mibio | Medical or by our respective third party partners ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Mibio | Medical none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of Mibio | Medical's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Mibio | Medical.
3. Limited Permission to Download. Mibio | Medical hereby grants you permission to download, view, copy and print the Materials on any single, stand-alone computer solely for your personal, informational, non-commercial use provided that:
The Materials are not used on any other website or in a networked computer environment. The Materials are not modified in any way. This permission terminates automatically without notice if you breach any of the terms or conditions of these Terms and Conditions. On any such termination, you agree to immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials. Any unauthorized use of any Materials contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Mibio | Medical (each a "Third Party Site"). Mibio | Medical works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Mibio | Medical. Mibio | Medical is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Mibio | Medical makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Mibio | Medical is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Mibio | Medical is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Mibio | Medical of the Third Party Site. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Mibio | Medical is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
5. Additional Terms. Some Mibio | Medical services may be subject to additional posted guidelines, rules or terms of service ("Additional Terms") and your use of such Services will be conditioned on your agreement to the Additional Terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control for that Service, unless the additional terms expressly state that these Terms and Conditions will control.
6. Reviews, Comments, Communications, and Other Content. At various locations on the Site, Mibio | Medical may permit visitors to post ratings, reviews, comments, and other content (the "User Content"). Contributions to, access to and use of the User Content is subject to this paragraph and the other terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions.
Rights and Responsibilities of Mibio | Medical:
Mibio | Medical is not the publisher or author of the User Content. Mibio | Medical takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party. Mibio | Medical has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location, or otherwise change any User Content. Mibio | Medical reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
Rights and Responsibilities of Mibio | Medical Users or Other Posters of User Content:
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any Mibio | Medical service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you shall not submit any content:
That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading; That infringes anyone's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, or advocates or encourages illegal conduct harmful to any individual, partnership or corporation. That includes advertisements, spam, or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party; That includes information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, or other contact information; That contains any computer virus, worms, or other potentially damaging computer programs or files; That otherwise violates these Terms and Conditions. You grant Mibio | Medical a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of Mibio | Medical. Mibio | Medical permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
Mibio | Medical allows parents, teachers, students, or anyone else who has had a recent, direct experience with a school to share their positive or negative experience as a review of that school. Mibio | Medical reserves the right to edit or delete the review if it finds the review in violation of editorial guidelines. By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Mibio | Medical may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes. When writing a review of a school, you agree that:
You will not use obscenities, hateful, insulting, or otherwise inappropriate language. You will not name any specific individual at the school and respect their need for safety and privacy. You will not make any accusations that someone at the school has committed a crime. You will not make any threats against the school, teachers, or students. You will not provide outdated information about the school and your review is based on your own recent experience.
7. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MIBIO | MEDICAL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
MIBIO | MEDICAL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT:
THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. MIBIO | MEDICAL SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL MIBIO | MEDICAL, OUR OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), HOWEVER IT ARISES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE, EVEN IF MIBIO | MEDICAL HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF.
9. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Mibio | Medical, our officers, representatives, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site and the Materials.
10. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of Mibio | Medical Services, Mibio | Medical does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to Mibio | Medical through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Mibio | Medical's property. By providing such submissions to Mibio | Medical you hereby assign to Mibio | Medical, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Mibio | Medical shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
11. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing Mibio | Medical Services, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your Mibio | Medical user account.
Mibio | Medical has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of Mibio | Medical or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. Mibio | Medical's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
By interacting with Mibio | Medical through Services, Site, or other related activity, you hereby assign to Mibio | Medical, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Mibio | Medical shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
12. Inappropriate Content. When accessing the Site or using Mibio | Medical's Services, you agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any content that:
Is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or threatening. Advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or foreign law or regulation. Advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods or services. Mibio | Medical reserves the right to terminate or delete such material from its servers. Mibio | Medical will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms and Conditions or of any applicable laws.
13. Personal Use. The Site and Services are made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
14. Children. Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use the Site or Services and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us. We also ask that minor under the age of 18 ask their parents consent before using this Site if consent has not been approved.
15. Governing Law; Venue. By using this Site and Services, you expressly agree that your rights and obligations shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, excluding its choice of law rules.
16. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, mibiomed.org. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
17. Trademarks. Mibio | Medical, mibiomed.org, logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Mibio | Medical. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
18. Acknowledgement. BY USING MIBIO | MEDICAL'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE MIBIO | MEDICAL SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
UPDATED: April, 2021